Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kindle convert

Like many avid bibliophiles, I've been reluctant to get involved with a Kindle. My sister, who reads twice as much as I do, has had hers for three years and just loves it. She doesn't read many books any more and loves loading up the best sellers or recommended books and reading them electronically. I have many unread books in my home (I mostly only have unread books as I move them along after I read them) and was afraid the Kindle would mean I wouldn't want to read them.

I got a Kindle Touch for my birthday and while I set it up right away and bought 4 books and loaded them on, I didn't read with it until I went to Florida two weeks ago. I actually took both the Kindle and the current book I was reading. I finished the book on the long flight and then started reading on the Kindle and loved it. It was easy reading, a nice size type for me. Light and portable. I can see why people get hooked. And I had several books right there in that little gizmo, not having to choose which to carry on the plane.

Don't get me wrong. I still love books and the Kindle, or at least the version I have, is not going to replace the art books I have or even any of the books I haven't read yet, but for reading a novel, I got to tell you, it sure is convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment