In the book, I have the following:
- Characters using email
- Characters using answering machines
- Characters using cell phones and land lines
- Characters passing along information on a slip of paper (a phone number) [instead of telling someone to look it up on the web]
- Characters looking up information on the web
- Characters leaving each other notes on a door or a car
- Characters writing love letters to each other through snail mail
- No characters are texting
- An artist sending images on a CD to a gallery
- Same artist has a web site
- Main character has a CD collection
Jan argued that I need to rethink all of these things or set the time back 8-10 years. It poses an interesting dilemma. Which of these are anachronisms? Which of these are characters' idiosyncracies? (I know both young and older people who collect vinyl records). So I will go in and look at all these places.
Something to consider as we write.